1. AVOCADO: Superfood fruit containing heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acids, shown to have anti-inflammatory properites.
2. GARLIC: Range of benefits, both consumed raw or cooked. In studies, allicin, an organic compound in freshly crushed or chopped garlic cloves, has shown anti-inflammatory properites. Chop and let sit for 10 minutes to enhance cancer-fighting properties.
3. MUSHROOMS: Used in medicine and cooking, they are rich in anti-inflammatory components and (according to studies) can also exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypertensive and blood sugar lowering properties. Polysaccharides are the magical property in these delicious ‘shrooms.
4. CILANTRO: Linoleic acid and cineole are some of their compounds that exert anti-inflammatory effects. They also may increase energy levels and promote healthy skin and hair!
5. GINGER: Found to have antimicrobial and antiviral properties, also found that gingerols (the phenolic compounds in ginger) may possess anti-inflammatory properties. Making this your go-to for menstrual pain, headaches and joint pain.
6. BEETS: These delicious guys contain disease-fighting phytonutrients, vitamins and antioxidants. One of their main phytonutrients is betanin, known for its anti-inflammatotry effects.
7. SALMON: We know it’s full of Omega-3 fatty acids (anti-inflammatories) but is also rich in a carotenoid antioxidant called astaxanthin, which helps protect the brain from free radical damage.
8. SPINACH: These green goddesses contain omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamin E and B vitamins. This low-calorie veggie contains flavonoids known for anti-inflammation and anti-cancer properties.
9. RAW HONEY: Research suggests that the phenolic content in raw honey is responsible for its anti-inflammatory effects. These properties suggest protection against brain inflammation and an aid healing in wounds.